California's Great National Parks
Brochure Type: USA Canada and Central America 2023
Larger-than-life sequoias frame your path through the Land of the Giants and experience the natural wonders of California National Parks. Gain fascinating insight and MAKE TRAVEL MATTER as you meet a climber within Yosemite National Park to learn firsthand about the world of climbing and important conservation efforts. Have lunch with a Local Specialist in Sequoia National Park and learn about the timeless nature that abounds and later the stars above in a guided stargazing experience. Bask in the beauty of Mammoth Lakes and see the stunning Death Valley National Park.
- Visit Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park, Kings Canyon National Park, Mammoth Lakes, Death Valley National Park, Giant Forest Museum, Rodeo Drive
- See El Capitain, Half Dome, Bridalveil Falls
- View Zabriskie Point and Badwater Basin in Death Valley National Park, General Grant Tree in Kings Canyon National Park, General Sherman Tree in Sequoia National Park
- Scenic Drive along Tioga Pass
- Tickets Included Mammoth Mountain Scenic Gondola.
- Yosemite National Park: Stay at the Yosemite Valley Lodge located close to Yosemite Falls in the middle of the national park.
- Sequoia National Park: The Wuksachi Lodge in the heart of Sequoia National Park surrounded by forest and soaring Sierra peaks.
- Yosemite National Park: Meet a climber and naturalist that will delve into the dynamic history of climbing in Yosemite. Enjoy storytelling, photographs, see the old and new climbing gear, as well as ask questions about how they help improve trails, restore habitat, protect wildlife, and inspire the next generation of nature-lovers, and more.
- Sequoia National Park: Immerse yourself in the pioneer history of the Old West, joining a living-history reenactor and Local Specialist for a barbecue lunch and stories of early life in the mountains.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- All transport and transfers shown
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2022
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Las Vegas||Soar Above The Neon Lights Of Vegas: Begin your exploration in Las Vegas. This evening, meet your Travel Director and fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception at The LINQ before you head out to the Las Vegas Strip. In the evening you will find yourself soaring 550 feet above the center of the Las Vegas Strip on the High Roller, the world's tallest observation wheel.|
Harrah's Las Vegas
|Day 2||Travel Through Stoic Death Valley National Park||Travel Through Stoic Death Valley National Park: Immerse yourself in the solitude and desolation of Death Valley-UNESCO World Heritage Site and barren, yet unexpectedly lively land of extremes which we will have an opportunity to explore for part of today. Admire scenic views of the undulating rocky landscape at Zabriskie Point and learn about the valley's unique geological features, history and intriguing weather patterns. Descend below sea level to the Badwater Basin. After lunch at 1849 Restaurant at The Ranch at Death Valley, we continue through the desert landscape of Death Valley ascending to Mammoth Lakes, our home for the night.|
Mammoth Mountain Inn
|Day 3||Dine In The Clouds At Mammoth Mountain||Dine In The Clouds At Mammoth Mountain Stays With Stories: Take a scenic Gondola ride to the peak of Mammoth Mountain (seasonal) and enjoy the stunning views while you enjoy a tasty breakfast. Touch the clouds through the Tioga Pass (seasonal) and enter the UNESCO-listed Yosemite National Park. Driving past Tenaya Lake and Tuolumne Meadows, we journey to Yosemite Valley where we'll embark on a special valley floor tour. View Yosemite Valley's El Capitan, Cathedral Rocks, and Bridalveil Fall. Our Stays With Stories experience tonight includes a cozy, lodge atmosphere and is located just a stone's throw from Yosemite Falls.|
Yosemite Valley Lodge
|Day 4||Stroll Or Hike In Yosemite||Stroll Or Hike In Yosemite Make Travel Matter: Explore Yosemite National Park today, famed for its giant, ancient sequoia trees, grand meadows, and iconic rock formations. Enjoy a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience as you meet a naturalist through the Yosemite Conservancy that will delve into the dynamic history of climbing in Yosemite through fascinating stories, photographs, and demonstrations. The Yosemite Conservancy is a non-profit organization that has provided over $140 million to Yosemite for more than 700 completed projects. They help improve trails, restore habitat, protect wildlife and inspire the next generation of nature-lovers. After the tour, you can explore Yosemite Valley's El Capitan, Cathedral Rocks, and Bridalveil Fall. The rest of the day is yours where in Yosemite the possibilities are endless.|
Yosemite Valley Lodge
|Day 5||The Night Sky Under Sequoias And Stars||Enjoy The Night Sky Under Sequoias And Stars Stays With Stories Make Travel Matter: Departing Yosemite, stretch your legs in Kings Canyon National Park and gaze towards the sky as you greet the giant boughs of General Grant Tree. Enjoy a birds-eye view of the Kings Canyon before you continue along the Majestic Mountain Loop. Towering redwood trunks frame your journey to Sequoia National Park, where we'll spend the night in our Stays With Stories surrounded by forest and soaring Sierra peaks.??MAKE TRAVEL MATTER and spend the evening gazing upwards at the star-spangled sky as a local naturalist guides you through the constellations.|
|Day 6||Meet The World's Largest Living Tree||Meet The World's Largest Living Tree Dive Into Culture: Tread in the footsteps of giants, walking beneath the soaring sequoia canopy to see first-hand the world's largest living tree, General Sherman. Learn about the Giant Forest and its history during a stop at the Giant Forest Museum, then enjoy a leisurely walk along the Big Trees Trail, connecting with the invigorating natural surroundings before meeting up with a Local Specialist and Old West pioneer reenactor for an insightful lunch. Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the park on your terms, using the complimentary shuttle system (seasonal).|
|Day 7||Los Angeles||Get A Taste Of Luxurious Beverly Hills: Travel to Los Angeles, where you'll enjoy a visit to Hollywood, the entertainment center of Los Angeles. As our invigorating encounter with California's epic natural beauty comes to an end, we join your Travel Director and newfound friends for a Farewell Dinner.|
Beverly Hills Marriott
|Day 8||California||Farewell California: After our tremendous journey through California's national parks, the time has come for us to say goodbye. Prepare to leave Los Angeles International Airport or consider extending your stay.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class