GLOBUS: British Escape with Return to London (KAF)
8 Day Tour from London to London
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London! Uniformed Globus Hosts are available to help you make the most of your stay. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||London||After a hearty English breakfast, morning sightseeing with a Local Guide includes all the famous landmarks: the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben beside the Thames River, Westminster Abbey, Whitehall's mounted horseguards, the Prime Minister's Downing Street residence, Piccadilly Circus, and Buckingham Palace. The highlight is a visit to ST. PAUL'S CATHEDRAL, Sir Christopher Wren's masterpiece built between 1675 and 1708. This afternoon, an optional excursion to the Tower of London is available. And this evening, maybe enjoy an optional dinner, followed by a cruise on the River Thames. (B)|
|Day 3||Bath||Depart at 8 am for a memorable day of sightseeing. First, visit the intriguing prehistoric monument of STONEHENGE. Explore the visitor center with its imaginative exhibitions, then take the shuttle to the stone circle and admire the magnificence of the monument up close. Across Salisbury Plain, head for the elegant Georgian city of Bath, where you see the amazing excavations of the ROMAN BATHS, once one of the greatest religious spas of the ancient world.Today's Distance: 136 mi / 219 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Liverpool||Savor vistas of rural England on your way to Stratford-upon-Avon. Time here to visit SHAKESPEARE'S BIRTHPLACE and discover this pretty Elizabethan town at your own pace. In the afternoon, drive to Liverpool, the hometown of The Beatles. Then, why not join a Local Guide for an optional excursion that will give you a detailed introduction to the city. You'll visit the magnificent cathedral, admire stunning historic civic buildings, hear all about the legendary Beatles, and discover the city's glorious maritime history.Today's Distance: 222 mi / 357 km (B)|
|Day 5||Edinburgh||This morning, focus on the tranquil Lake District, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, considered to be the finest of England's national parks. Take a break in Wordsworth's beloved Grasmere and try original [LF] GRASMERE GINGERBREAD. Then, head north for the Scottish border and stop at Gretna Green, where the blacksmith used to wed runaway couples. Arrive in Edinburgh this afternoon for a two-night stay.Today's Distance: 239 mi / 384 km (B)|
|Day 6||Edinburgh||Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old 'New Town' and famous scientists, inventors, and novelists who lived there. In the 'Old Town,' visit EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels and the iconic Stone of Destiny, used to inaugurate monarchs for centuries, and take in the fantastic views over the city. The afternoon is free to enjoy the Scottish capital at your own pace. Later, join your fellow travelers for a farewell dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 7||London||Travel by EXPRESS TRAIN (first-class) to London. Your Globus Host is available to help you make the most of your stay. (B)|
|Day 8||London||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips tinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Avalon menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
- Additional airline-imposed fees for seat assignments may apply and are not included in your total package cost. Please refer to carrier websites for seat assignment policies and applicable pricing.
Booking your Vacation with Air
Our volume buying power saves you money. We may be able to provide you with flight arrangements from your gateway city. Avalon Waterways offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Early Airfare Price Guarantee locks in a price that is guaranteed not to increase. Air pricing and schedules are available approximately 330 days prior to last travel date in the itinerary. At that time the best air price will be utilized and a new invoice with the air cost and confirmed schedule will be sent. The identity of the carrier, which may include the carrier?s codeshare partner, will be assigned and disclosed at this time. If the guaranteed price is the lowest, the schedule with the lowest fare per contracted classes of service will be booked. Any voluntary change to the confirmed flights negates the guaranteed price and is subject to air pricing at the time of the change.
Guaranteed air-inclusive prices - air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional non-refundable air deposit of $300 per person is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Avalon in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus a non-refundable per person service fee of $30 (North/Central America), $50 (Europe/Middle East) or $80 (all other international destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Avalon has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
From $1,319.00 (USD)
On this Escape, the traditions and intrigue of Britain are calling you. Experience the fascinating cities and countryside of this beautiful land without the crowds-and even better-without the high-season prices.