Pioneer Adventures of the Old West
Brochure Type: Preview USA Canada and Central America 2022
The legends of Billy the Kid and Butch Cassidy are never far as you awaken your inner cowboy exploring Lake Powell, Monument Valley's mesas and the eerie spires of Bryce Canyon.
- SCENIC DRIVE through Oak Creek Canyon, Desert View Drive in Arizona, Mount Carmel Highway
- ICONIC TRAIN journey aboard the historic Grand Canyon Railway
- VISIT Sedona, Grand Canyon National Park, Historic Cameron Trading Post, Monument Valley, Lake Powell, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park
- 7 breakfasts
- 4 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Phoenix||Arrive Phoenix - Scottsdale: Howdy folks! Saddle up for a ride from Phoenix to Scottsdale, spending the afternoon at leisure before your journey kicks off with an evening shindig to meet your new travel partners.?|
|Day 2||Williams||Scottsdale - Sedona - Williams: Your trek through America's frontier history begins in the Sonoran Desert. Stampede through the luminous orange and red landscapes of Sedona for your choice sightseeing, traversing Red Rock Country by jeep or Red Rock Magic Trolley. Then, it's on through Oak Creek Canyon to the historic railroad town of Williams, where we'll 'Connect with Locals' and enjoy a 'Be My Guest' dinner hosted by the mayor, John Moore.|
Grand Canyon Railway Hotel
|Day 3||Grand Canyon National Park||Williams - Grand Canyon Railway - Grand Canyon National Park: Cut dirt and board your train to the Grand Canyon for some 'Family Fun', passing the vanilla-scented Ponderosa Pines and through the Kaibab National Forest. Tales of Old West legends are brought back to life as they travel with you along the rugged landscapes. We arrive at the UNESCO-listed Grand Canyon, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Walk the rim and learn from a?Local Specialist?how this extraordinary feat of nature developed over the past 40 million years.|
National Park Lodges
|Day 4||Lake Powell||Grand Canyon National Park - Monument Valley - Lake Powell (2 Nights): Start your historic passage to Navajo country with a mesmerising sunrise over the Grand Canyon. Trace the Desert View Drive route toward Cameron Trading Post in search of traditional Native American crafts and the taste of traditional fry bread. We board our open-air vehicle, bouncing past the imposing mesas and buttes rising up from Monument Valley's red valley floor toward a lakeside resort tucked into the red rock at the scenic family holiday hotspot of Lake Powell.|
Lake Powell Resort and Marinas (Lake View or Marina rooms)
|Day 5||Lake Powell||Lake Powell Free Time: Even cowboys need a day off now and then, but if you're at a loose end, choose to take an optional float down the Colorado River, cruise on Lake Power to Antelope Canyon, or spend the day learning how to wakeboard, kayak or zip around Lake Powell on a ski tube.|
|Day 6||ZION AND BRYCE CANYON NATIONAL PARKS||Lake Powell - Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks (2 Nights): Polish those chaps for a ride toward Zion Canyon, tracing yet another great natural triumph by park shuttle or on foot. Bundle up your brood for a quick hike to the Emerald Pools - the lush landscape a veritable oasis for pioneers traversing the desert just days before. Drive the scenic Mount Carmel Highway admiring the sweeping views of waterfalls and slick rocks, watching out for more spectacular formations like the Great Arch of Zion and the distinctive Checkerboard Mesa. The red-orange-pink hued hoodoos of Bryce Canyon are your final stop for today.|
BW Plus Ruby's Inn
|Day 7||Bryce Canyon National Park||Bryce Canyon National Park Sightseeing: Take your seat in an amphitheatre of tall sandstone spires-the same vantage point Paiute Indians used to admire the colourful carvings of Mother Nature by day, by night, winter and summer centuries ago. Explore the rim of Bryce Canyon, before spending the afternoon at leisure to blaze your own trail. Our adventure through the Old West almost at its end, we get gussied up for a Western Farewell hoedown filled with good food and fun.|
|Day 8||Las Vegas||Bryce Canyon National Park - Depart Las Vegas: Hoodoos to our back and high-living ahead, we depart on the last leg of our journey to Las Vegas, through the scenic Virgin River Gorge. A transfer will take you to Las Vegas International Airport, or if you're extending you stay, to the Tropicana Las Vegas. Y'all come back now, y'hear?|
- Crossovers: All 2021 departure dates will operate as per the 2020 brochure. Itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $2,425.00 (USD)
Tour Type: Family ExperienceBrochure Type: Preview USA Canada and Central America 2022The legends of Billy the Kid and Butch Cassidy are never far as you awaken your inner cowboy exploring Lake Powell, Monument Valley's mesas and the eerie spires of ...